Dorn Equipment Company
A History of Quality Since 1940
Philip H. Dorn founded the Dorn Equipment Company in 1940 as a specialty supplier of marine equipment for shipboard use. Mr. Dorn had an extensive background in manufacturing, engineering, sales and service, primarily in electrical applications. Throughout the 1940s, Dorn worked closely with the U.S. Navy Bureau of Ships, improving on then-current electrical designs and shipboard installations.
Incorporated in 1951 as Dorn Equipment Corp., Dorn continued to service and supply the US Navy and commercial shipyards, focusing on the development of new lightweight fittings and electrical components to reduce overall shipping weight. With the introduction of nylon, polycarbonate and other plastics, the market was broadened.
Today, Dorn continues to supply the US government, marine original equipment manufacturers, commercial and naval shipbuilders and related industries with quality products. An industry leader in establishing and raising performance standards, Dorn designs its products to withstand the worst environments and toughest abuse encountered on todays U.S. naval vessels and commercial fleets. Dorns products go through rigorous testing for shock, vibration, closure and other severe conditions. Design and manufacturing processes are continuously improved.
Dorn prides itself on delivering quality products on time. Dorn owns
the tooling for all its manufactured items, and maintains large inventories
of all its products. Assembling and packaging are conducted on-site in
Dorns 25,000 sq. ft. facilities. Dorns quality practices
are in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and